Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Back to one blog... for now

The enterprise Web 2.0 blog I have been writing for a couple of months over at ZDNet, Reality Check, has not survived past its trial period. I'm quite sad about it, since I thought the quality of my posts was becoming pretty good. Its start was rather disastrous, when some remarks I made about censorship caused some trouble, but after that I stuck to my knitting and had started to create something that was not quite a blog, not quite a comment piece, but something in between which would hopefully have been interesting if not informative to enterprise readers. Perhaps that hybrid approach was a mistake, but that's for others to judge.

Lest any conclusions be drawn from the above, let me say that the ZDNet peeps were all great, and continue to be great, and I have nothing but respect for all of them.

I'll have to sit and think about things for a while now. I've got some other personal blogging projects on the go at the moment in between hacking away at FanFooty and Tinfinger and FanLeague and Phil's 1Eyed sites and all the other irons in the fire. I hope this won't be my last foray into problogging though - I enjoyed it and I think I'm good at it (and the money helps). Whether another publisher agrees with me in future is the question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home