Thursday, March 16, 2006

We made the Financial Times... or so I hear

Comes from bookofjoe news that Tinfinger was mentioned in the March 8 edition of the Financial Times in an article by Chris Nuttall. joe quotes Chris as writing that "it produces ordered profiles of people and related articles rather than pages of search results", which is wrong since in addition to the profile pages we also have pages of search results for news, profiles, articles and pictures. I'd love to know what else Chris got wrong, and the context in which he mentioned us. I can't find the article online anywhere... can anyone help me?

joe correctly points out that this is not the time for us to get press, since we're pre-beta - and right now is even worse because our databases are down in preparation for a move to a new server today or tomorrow. You can't control journalists, but I guess I can't complain since I annoyed enough people in my own J career.

UPDATE: joe kindly gave us the link to the FT story. Just another MSM snark piece, boooo-ring. Gah, they even got our name wrong. It's Tinfinger with a little f, not Tin Finger or TinFinger! I guess the logo is confusing, but the name is right there in the title bar of you browser. Anyway, thanks joe!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should fix that logo.

4:48 am, March 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home