Tinfinger    

Australian entrepreneur with FanFooty (sold) and Tinfinger (dead) on his CV. Working on Mr Football, a new game for Steam and mobile, and trying not to let microblogging take over this blog.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Blogs for robots too, now

As of December 18, Brett Tabke publishes an otherwise unremarkable blog as commented text in WebMasterWorld's robots.txt file. I don't think this qualifies as a pro-robot blog, since the file contains grave warnings about the violent consequences of rogue bots doing things which man had not intended, an attitude which Tinfinger whollly supports. I was not aware bots liked honey, but you learn something new every day.

I wonder if this will spark a wave of hidden blogs published in ever-more-inappropriate formats. It will not be long before the first CSS blog, I predict. A blog exclusively rendered in Flickr pictures would be kind of silly, but someone will do it. Macromedia will undoubtedly want to join the party with a blog published in Flash. A blog in SVG would be interesting, if only popular at the moment by Linux nerds. The question is: how much pain would this be causing the blog search providers?

Linked from Shawn Hogan. The WMW peeps also found it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home